I think I am pretty late to the Coconut Oil party, but in case you didn’t know, there are a load of uses for it (more info below) but so far I have only used it on my skin as a facial cleanser. As mentioned I have seriously sensitive skin, but it is also acne prone and super greasy (I’m sure that was meant to end in my twenties but here I am in my thirties with the same crap skin!!). This made me very apprehensive of putting oil on my face to clean it!
However, I thought I would give it a go and glad I did. While it is not the best thing I have ever used, it did leave my skin looking good and did not give me any spots or leave my skin greasy. I think if I paired it with eating healthy it could be a good product for my skin, so if you have skin which is not greasy, I can only imagine it would work even better for you.
If you want to give it a try, I used it as below:
- Wash face with warm water
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil to your hands and warm it in your palms until it is no longer solid (should just take a few seconds)
- Rub the oil into your skin in circular motions for approx. 1 minute.
- Apply a face cloth soaked in hot water to your skin, hold it on for 20 seconds or so to allow your pores to open.
- Afterwards use it to wipe off the remaining oil.
- At night I then moisturised with my usual moisturiser, but in the morning I left my skin as it did not need anything further on it.
Give it a go and see if it works for you, I would love to know the results. If you fancy trying coconut oil for more uses see the link below, I will likely be trying some of these out in the coming months too so watch this space………..
Thanks for reading,